Re: Ubuntu QML Dialogs

On 04/10/2013 09:21 PM, mrqtros@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Nicolay (sorry for bad translation if your name, use English plz), you

His name is Николай and spelling it in a different alphabet (such as the Latin alphabet used in English) is called transliteration, not translation.

It's extremely rude to ask someone to misspell their name just for your comfort. His name is usually translated "Nikolai" or "Nikolay" but this is only an approximation of his name. Maybe we can be a little more accepting of other people here?

And I (again) strongly advice you to read some qml documentation, before
spamming whole mailing list with dummy questions. Or use google instead.
Thanks.

While this is good advice, it's not given well. A big strength of Ubuntu is that it welcomes beginners and other users, enthusiasts, and contributors of all skill levels. Pointing Mr. Шатохин to the QML documentation with a link would be much gentler.

While it's not binding unless you've signed it, the Ubuntu Code of Conduct does a good job of summarizing how the project wishes developers and contributors to interact with each other:

http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/conduct

Regards,
Nathan

--