Re: 3G/4G support?

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Ryan Walmsley <ryanteck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But if anything it is a KEY part of the system, if anything more key than
> Bluetooth and some other parts.

On the other hand, there are very few things that can be done with that
subsystem working that cannot be done with the working wireless. Maybe
finding distance of cellular antennas, or the likes. But internet
applications are already testable.

If I were a Canonical Project Manager, I would promptly say it should not
be a priority. It would certainly make the OS more usable/practical, but
not that much more testable/developeable (?). We still have until october
to make it usable!

That is not to say I wouldn't be happy if it were possible to have RIL
ready soon. I mysef bought an internet plan for my Nexus 4 with Ubuntu
Touch that is simply not being used.

--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl  - Yahoo: patolaaa