Re: 3G/4G support?

On 04/15/2013 06:22 PM, Daniel Holm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just did a quick search about support for 3G in Ubuntu Touch, but
> couldn't find anything about it.
>
> What about support for later networks then GSM? I've seen a CDMA mail a
> while back.
>
> I live in Sweden and have 3 as my carrier, and I use a Sgs3. 3 doesn't
> have any GSM cells in Sweden, so it's kind of a big thing to support it
> later, at least for my part. 3G/4G or nothing.
>
> What are the plans/ideas about it?

Development work is ongoing for mobile data ( ie. 3g/4g ) connectivity.

In addition to the required work at the oFono layer, 3g/4g support also
requires Network Manager changes, as well as indicator and settings support.

The following blueprints details work being done to the telephony stack
and networking stack  ( excluding any UI work which is tracked elswhere
) and should you give you a better idea of what's currently being worked on:

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1303-telephony-stack

[2]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1303-converged-network-stack