Re: [Ubuntu-touch-coreapps] [Design] Responding to orientation

I have another follow-up question. For some apps (e.g., an e-reader, once
we get one), it would be useful to have the ability to lock the
orientation. Will that functionality be built into the SDK?

Also, does anyone have any idea when Ubuntu Touch will be able to respond
to the orientation of the device? The device-specific part of the build I
use (for a Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 tablet) is hard-coded for landscape mode.
Is that still a necessary hack?