Re: Desktop mode, convergence and laptop docks

Hi,

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 6:27 AM, <folabiklan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your questions are not really for the development mailing lists.

I kindy disagree because although we don't have code for it right now, it's
important for developers to know the predicted scope and workings of this
mechanism.

> The wiki has this information, the promotional videos too.

I couldn't find such technical information on how desktop mode switching is
going to work. Would you mind pointing me out to specific resources? As I
have said, I searched the wiki and could not find it.

> And by the way, the development curve has not advanced to the stage where
> desktop convergence is front burner. For example MIR is the base for
> convergence and its not even at alpha or beta release yet. The roadmap says
> convergence is scheduled for 2014!!

I understand that, but at least it should be wel planned, including its
workings.

>  As for your devices, like I said, the wiki has the requirements for
> devices, kindly read it.  If your device meets up with the minimum
> requirements, the next hurdle is having someone port the OS to that device.

This does not answer what I asked. I am not worried about requirements,
rather to understand if desktop mode will be restricted to devices with
screen-out or not.

Regards,
--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio