Re: Can Ubuntu learn from iOS app store prices?

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Nicolas Cook Leon <ncookleon@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I could definitely agree with some of the pieces in this article. It would
> indeed be a good differentiator for the Ubuntu store.

Due to the open source nature of Ubuntu, wouldn't "unfeatures" like
time-limited applications be easily circumvented or prevented by hacking
the OS parts? I guess the reason they did not implement it in iOS is
because they recognized it is not practical to close it that much.

If so, I don't think it would be a good idea to spoil the hackability of
Ubuntu for that supposed edge on the app space.

Regards,
--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl  - Yahoo: patolaaa