Re: Can Ubuntu learn from iOS app store prices?

time limits reminds me of the shareware days, but I know is kinda necessary for some type of apps.
donations would be something good too since the platform is starting out and also maybe for the FOSS that will be available to kickstart the platform, if it becomes as popular as the desktop with the linux crowd. Donations would be nice in USC too.
And why not have a small "how much do you think this app is worth to you" survey, so developers can adjust if the price is too high or too low..

From: patola@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 15:35:18 -0300
To: ncookleon@xxxxxxxxx
CC: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Can Ubuntu learn from iOS app store prices?

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Nicolas Cook Leon <ncookleon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I could definitely agree with some of the pieces in this article. It would indeed be a good differentiator for the Ubuntu store.

Due to the open source nature of Ubuntu, wouldn't "unfeatures" like time-limited applications be easily circumvented or prevented by hacking the OS parts? I guess the reason they did not implement it in iOS is because they recognized it is not practical to close it that much.

If so, I don't think it would be a good idea to spoil the hackability of Ubuntu for that supposed edge on the app space.

Regards,

--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl  - Yahoo: patolaaa