Re: Detect graphics card

This is a response from an other computer:  { 'model': 'G80 [GeForce 8800
GTS]', 'vendor': 'nvidia' }
Also usually Salt knows how many GPUs are in the system.

You don't need it to use Salt. At least if you are not doing anything with
the graphics card. But one might e. g. deploy CUDA programs and therefore
you need to know which of the devices has an Nvidia card.