Re: Fixing phablet from the inside out.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:11:21AM -0400, Joey Carlini wrote:
> So, using some of the Transformer knowledge from f69m on how to setup and
> maintain an ssh into the phablet from my main machine, I got a working
> tunnel into my device and am trying to proxy across ADB to allow for
> updates. (Proxy on localhost:8080 doesn't seem to cut it, connection
> refused, even though I have it open to anything and have requests turn on.)
> But now that we have SSH and root access, could we create a deb that can
> then connect the phablet to the internet, and troubleshoot the screen and
> whatnot from the device itself? Still have the Black Screen of kinda death
> on raring, not mwc for some reason, but I figure it should sort itself out
> since it was working, and now it's not.

Doesn't phablet-network-setup -i do exactly this?

The default is to grab your currently connected wifi settings from your
workstation and setup the device with that, additionally -i installs
openssh-server.

If your workstation doesn't support wifi or not connected, you can tell
the tool to setup with one you specify.

I'm not sure what you mean by _create a deb_ though. Does this solve
your issue?

Cheers
Sergio.