Re: Ebook reader?

> on a more "capable" environment server-side. Qt Quick apps have the distinct
> advantage of being native and therefore having access to some native
> capability. Taking the example of Monocle that I mentioned, it's entirely
> possible to write an ebook reader in pure client-side JavaScript in modern
> browsers right now. I'd love to be able to work like that with Qt Quick;

To what degree is 'first class support for HTML5 apps' is there today
in Ubuntu Touch?
Wouldn't an existing JavaScript ebook reader like the one you mention
do what you want?
In the long run it would seem strange to me to have both a
JavaScript/HTML5 and a QML alternative
written for many popular apps given that the former will need to work
anyway on most platforms.

Jani