AFAIK this is never ever going to be a part of the main code. nor do i see any reason why scarce resources and personnel should be diverted to such a project.

Of course a couple of guys in their basements working their keyboard off though..... hey go for it!!

and BTW, i'm guessing you are a big fan of BB10 and own a BB1 device just for its "android integration" awesomeness? how is that working out though?

On 21/06/2013 09:22, leon lee wrote:
If Android app support is good or not, it depends on how we do it. For BB10, I heard that they're using some emulator(maybe qemu) to run android app, and that means running a vm over vm, so the performance would be much worse than real android. I don't know what other platforms you are referring to, but I believe they are using the similiar emulator concept. We can have Android app support in a different way on touch. We change the framework of android to native, hopely this would make performance even better than the real android.

*From: * "Josh Leverette"<coder543@xxxxxxxxx>;
*Date: * Thu, Jun 20, 2013 10:16 PM
*To: * "leon lee"<llrraa@xxxxxx>;
*Cc: * "Benjamin Tegge"<benjaminosm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "ubuntu-phone"<ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
*Subject: * Re: [Ubuntu-phone] how do you feel about touch

Ubuntu touch is not the first platform to compete with iOS and Android. If you look around, you'll see that any platform which has Android app support has terrible apps, and most of those platforms are dead. BB10 is the only one still alive, and the quality of apps available for it is terrible. This was caused in a big way by supporting Android apps. Companies did not need to develop an app for BB10 because their Android app still worked just fine on there, when in reality it is a terrible way to do anything on a BB10 device. Supporting Dalvik on Ubuntu touch would be a mistake.