Re: browser does not support webgl

WebKit (and now Blink) cover >85% of the mobile browser use - while Firefox
seems to be slightly lower (0.01% .. maybe not 100% accurate - but pretty
far from WebKit in usage %'age)

1. Any mobile WebApps developer today will target iOS and Android first.
 Having a technology that is sharing the code base (qtwebkit) gives a good
starting point to make sure webapps are also compatible with Ubuntu Phone
2. Firefox with their upcoming "FirefoxOS" seem to be pushing a LOT of
specs - and not all of them make sense .. but they have to be ready for
launch (it seems) so there is not much time to "waste" taking a holistic
look at the specs to see if they all make sense.  You can be sure that both
WebKit/Apple and Blink/Google will *not* blindly implement these things if
they don't make 100% sense to them.

I also like Firefox - and it's nice with competition .. but it would not
make much sense to select FF as the primary web platform on an OS that
*also* has to prove itself with the operators and phone manufacturers
before any kind of market penetration can happen.  Selecting WebKit (and
potentially Blink later - depends on how that develops) as the base of the
core web engine (browser and webview for dedicated apps) over FF can't have
been a hard choice to make for Ubuntu ;)

br
Lars

For reference:

Mobile/Tablet Browser Market Share (source: http://www.netmarketshare.com/)
May, 2013
Browser Total Market Share
Safari 59.98%
Android Browser 20.73%
Opera Mini 10.53%
Chrome 3.22%
Microsoft Internet Explorer 1.97%
BlackBerry 1.02%
Proprietary or Undetectable 0.52%
Symbian 0.50%
Opera Mobile 0.40%
Opera 0.14%
ACCESS NetFront 0.06%
Mozilla 0.01%
Firefox 0.01%
Obigo 0.01%
Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer 0.00%