Re: External storage devices

There's no technical reason preventing numbers 1, 2, and 9, but Google did
those with Android and discovered that they added excessive complication
for very little gain. The price of flash storage is also so tremendously
cheap these days compared to when that policy was used on Android that any
phone having less than 8 or 16 GB of storage isn't even trying to save
cost, they're just cheating their customers. I vote against these options,
as removing them would make a certain reasonable minimum of flash storage
necessary for phone manufacturers, which would help the customer.

3. Probably handled by the file manager, but probably a point of excess
complication that will be minimized in the design, even though it should be
included.

4. There will be a file manager app to do things like this.

5. it should support pretty much everything under the sun, just like full
Ubuntu.

6. I don't know this. Does it really matter?

7. It probably just mounts it.

8. Nothing. It can't do anything about that.

10. I really like this one. a very logical thing, but one I hadn't even
thought about.

There's not much official information at the moment, but most of it is a
very logical leap that can be taken without much concern.

Sincerely,
Josh