GPS - Navigation app

Hello,

I am sorry if I am bringing up a subject that has already been discussed.

Let me begin by saying that I am quite excited by the Ubuntu Touch project.
I definitely think that this tremendous idea and that we are at a crucial
time for it.

It seems to me that Ubuntu Touch can be a success only if it is complete in
terms of functionality when the first phones will appear on the market.

That is why; I am convinced that it absolutely needs to have a Navigation
application as Android & iOS . It is now considered as a basic
functionality of any smartphone and not having that could be a showstopper
for a lot of users.

I am aware that this kind of application is not simple and requires time
and good development skills (there is some existing application that could
maybe be reused: OSMAND?)

I do not think that Canonical has planned to develop one.

I am unfortunately not a developer and I have not a lot of spare time to
help: I can just help with bugs filing and use cases writing.

But I think that this is something that could be supported by crowdfunding
(kickstarter ?). I know I would definitely participate.

So my questions are: Am I the only one thinking that? Is there someone
ready to take leadership on this kind of initiative?

Thank you for your attention.