Re: Dialer/number entry component?

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for your reply.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 09:55:44AM +0100, Jouni Helminen wrote:
> […]
> There will likely be another type of number input that IS a part of the
> Maliit keyboard - an alternative keyboard layout with numbers that is used
> when editing phone numbers in your contact details for instance. This isn't
> ready yet either AFAIK - will confirm.
>
> Let me know which type of dial pad your app requires and I'll find out when
> we can get the design/component to you.

Quoting from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PhoneApp#Call_diversion

   If you turn the call diversion switch on, the “Divert to” field
   should appar. If the field does not have a previous value, it should
   be focused. And whenever it is focused (either automatically or
   manually), the “Contacts…”, “Cancel”, and “Set” buttons and the
   number pad should appear.

It sounds like the behaviour is more like that of the OSK, but I'm not
sure how crucial that is.

And turning to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bluetooth#phone

 If a headset requires legacy pairing or passkey SSP, a ‘PIN for
 “{headset name}”’ or ‘Passkey for “{headset name}”’ dialog should
 appear, with an extra-large PIN/passkey field that uses a number-based
 keyboard

Which sounds like the same thing. Again I'm not sure if that's massively
necessary. But if it is then we'll need a way to ask for this numeric
input mode of Maliit. Otherwise, and in the meantime, if it's possible I
think it would be great if the dial pad used by the phone app were in
the SDK. I haven't tried it myself but I see that TextField has a
property `customSoftwareInputPanel' which takes a Component. I guess we
and most other consumers would use this to make use of it so it'd be
necessary to make sure the component is compatible with being used here.

Thanks,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@xxxxxxxxxx ]