Re: [Premium] Initial Ubuntu Cordova project/Qt Creator feedback

Hi guys,

Recently I was tasked to write a simple HTML5 Ubuntu ToDo app to test ease
of use of our Ubuntu SDK. While I haven't finished it yet (moving items
from jQuery-like looks to Ubuntu themed), I wanted to share my initial
findings and first use of Qt Creator experience.

Qt Creator:
 - Delete a file from project browser, file is still there [re-open project
required]
 - Create a new directory in the file system, no refresh option [re-open
project required]
 - Why does a closed project disappear from the 'Projects' list, instead of
just 'closing' and staying in there, so I can reopen it later? (Yes, I come
from Eclipse..)
 - When creating a project, I dislike that build-*-Desktop-{Debug|Release}
reside outside of the project directory. Also, are I missing a "Mobile"
kit? Why 'Desktop' kit?
 - Right click on project -> I can't add a folder from here.

SDK tutorials:
bzr branch lp:ubuntu-sdk-tutorials
 - How do I import ubuntu-cordova project into Qt Creator in a sane way?
.cordovaproject will not open in Qt Creator like .qmlproject will.

I initially sent this e-mail to my team, asking which mailing list it fits
best. I have forwarded the rest of this e-mail regarding feedback on
http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/tutorials/html5/creating-cordova-ubuntu-qr-code-scanner-html5-app/2/
directly to David Planella.

This is the first time I have used Qt Creator, and at this moment I'm
mostly interested in the HTML5 POV. Your feedback is very welcome.

Thanks,
Michał Karnicki
irc: karni

--