Updating phablet-flash

Hello,

I want to update the phablet-flash directory, which has the build from 07/22, to the current one. In my situation, my testing device is currently bricked, and I want to flash the latest .zip to restore it. That means I can't use 'phablet-flash -b' or just 'phablet-flash', instructions provided by the ReleaseNotes page, since adb does not recognize my device. Only fastboot can.

Besides updating the directory through a convenient command, I can think of a workaround. I first 'fastboot -w' the device and run 'fastboot update *.zip' to restore it to untouched state, and THEN run 'phablet-flash'. Most important, is this method correct?

Otherwise, is there another way? Thanks.
--
John Kim