Re: Request for help: test new phablet-flash

Am 09.08.2013 13:42, schrieb Daniel Holbach:
>> I'll give a try but also for HTC vision we have to extract ***.tar.gz on
>> /sdcard because we haven't enough space in /data but your script extract
>> it on /data... Will you do an update?
>
> To me this sounds like two separate issues? One being the location and
> the second the space, right?

There are two issues:

 * By default, the ubuntu.zip provided by canonical will push the tar.gz
to /data, then extract it there. This is impossible in case of the
vision because /data can't store the tar.gz and the extracted rootfs at
the same time.

The modified ubuntu.zip for the vision that I provided for the
phablet-flash tool fixes this issue by dynamically searching through a
set of paths (/data, /sdcard, /ext/sdcard) and choosing one with
sufficient amount of free storage for the tar.gz. There's an open bug
report for this issue.

 * In most cases, /data only has a few hundred MiB of free space before
flashing the ubuntu.zip, but about 600-700mb of storage are required for
the ubuntu rootfs. The flash process does not fail in an obvious way in
that case, but the phone reboots to a black screen and ADB no longer
works (only in recovery). Workaround is to wipe /data before flashing,
but obviously I should add a check to the edify script so it shows an
error message when there's not enough free space. This should work and
wipe any user data before flashing:

phablet-flash community --wipe -d vision

Cheers,
Florian