GDC interest

I'm at GDC Europe this week. Talking to some of the people around, most
of the businesses I talked to are excited about and interested in
developing for Ubuntu Touch. Though few know much about it, some were
completely unaware that you can already try it out.

One I talked to was the Sphero 2.0 guys. Sphero is a really cool
product, it's basically a remote control ball, you can control it with
your phone. But, it also does some really good augmented reality stuff.
In a demo they have, you control a beaver collecting cupcakes, where the
beaver is the ball, but on the screen it appears to be a beaver running
around. With a full API for writing apps/games using it, there's a lot
of potential there. (It's really robust too)

Another showing interest was Immersion with their haptic SDK. This
allows game developers to use decent and subtle haptic feedback using
really fine-grained vibration on supported devices.

It might be an idea to get in contact with them, just as a bit of extra
encouragement. Or, I could pass on some information tomorrow.