Re: Need picture_files policy in mg app

On Sunday 15 September 2013 17:57:35 Thomas Voß wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Mario Guerriero <mefrio.g@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to access photos from all apps (in a read only mode) and I need to
> > access photos from my app which create them using the camera.
>
> Hmmm, accessing the content of other applications violates the current
> confinement approach.
> Wouldn't it be sufficient for your app to just display the photos
> taken with your app to the user?

Hmm, I could think of lots of use cases to display pictures from the pictures
folder within an app. For example image manipulation programs could import
them, social media apps could want to share them (e.g. attached to a blog
post), chat applications to select an avatar etc.

I think that an app should not be able to access other app's pictures (e.g.
stored in /home/phablet/.cache/$APPID/ ) but accessing the common pictures
folder is probably a must-have in the long run, no?

Br,
Michael