Re: Questions about debugging

On 09/15/2013 05:09 AM, Michel Renon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to debug my app for the Showdown !
> (I done all coding on my desktop, and could just start testing it yesterday.)
>
> Here are my questions :
>
> - how do i read the results of "console.debug()" when executed on device ?
>

> - I use U1db to store 2 values in one document. On the device, it seems nothing
> is written. Here is the document definition :
>
>     U1db.Document {
>         id: dbContext
>         database: utranslateDB
>         docId: 'context'
>         create: true
>         defaults: { 'lgsrc': 'eng', 'lgdest': 'deu'}
>     }
>
> and the code :
>     function saveDb() {
>         var temp = {};
>         temp['lgsrc'] = searchContext['lgsrc'];
>         temp['lgdest'] = searchContext['lgdest']
>         dbContext.contents = temp;
>     }
> Is there anything special to be done for mobile devices ?
> Or is it related to the special way of "quitting" an app on uTouch ?

I'm just passing this along. ubuntu-tasks was not saving any of its data on
Ubuntu Touch, so I alerted the developer (in CC). He responded back with:

"I just figured out that this is due to a bug in the SDK preventing
Component.onDestruction from being called when the app is stopped."

I don't know what bug that is or how he solved it though...