Re: Go + QML on Ubuntu Touch

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Robert Park <robert.park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Gustavo Niemeyer
> <gustavo.niemeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> We can easily write QML types in Go, and it works right now. What we
>> cannot do is use Go types without Go.
>
> I'm a little bit confused -- are you saying that there would be a
> runtime dependency on Go?

The executable running the QML code must be a Go application, because
right now we cannot create a shared library out of Go code that can be
linked back into a C/C++ application.

There are patches already flying that enable it, but let's not count
on that for now as it's still incipient.

> My main interest is just writing QML types in Go, I think. Can you
> link me to some source code to see what that looks like?

Sure, here is an example that may be run right now:

    http://paste.ubuntu.com/6156242/

The APIs may still change a bit, but the idea will remain.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net