Re: Go + QML on Ubuntu Touch

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Gustavo Niemeyer
<gustavo.niemeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Robert Park <robert.park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm a little bit confused -- are you saying that there would be a
>> runtime dependency on Go?
>
> The executable running the QML code must be a Go application, because
> right now we cannot create a shared library out of Go code that can be
> linked back into a C/C++ application.
>
> There are patches already flying that enable it, but let's not count
> on that for now as it's still incipient.

Is this something that you think would stabilise over the next cycle?
Because I would definitely need the QML types I create to be as
generic and re-usable as possible, without forcing everybody
downstream of me to be using Go if they don't want to.

Ideally I would be authoring QML types, and then people downstream of
me could include them in pure-qml projects, without having to write
any C++ or Go at all in order to incorporate my work. Is that
possible?