Library dependency support in click packages?

One of the issues we ran into when writing scopes for the image customization
tarball is that of library dependencies. The example scopes in the sevilerow
project are written in C and use libmrss0 to parse the associated RSS feeds
(this is also true of the example scope provided with the SDK and in the
documentation).

Since libmrss0 is not in the image we needed a way to make it available. For
demo purposes we just copied the .so file (and that of one other dependency) to
a spot in /custom and wrapped the scope binary with a script that sets
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This is, as you might imagine, not ideal.  We could try to get
libmrss0 into the system image, but that doesn't solve the larger problem.

We also support click packages in the customization suite, and I'm told that
eventually we'll be able to distribute scopes as click packages as well, so I'd
like to start a discussion about what we can do for developers who need
external libraries to support their applications or scopes.

One thing click could do is look (at build time) at what external libraries an
application makes use of and if those libraries aren't included in the system
image include them in the click package itself, then at runtime ensure that
those libraries are properly linked into the application.

Is this something we'd like to pursue?

Cheers,
~Scott