Re: Library dependency support in click packages?

Hi all,

With the saucy/1.0 release behind us and a fresh cycle ahead of us I
thought I'd revisit this conversation and see how we can move forward.

I've been able to make a bit of progress on this issue, and in the
specific case of the scope I was working on I managed to get the
outside dependencies linked statically. You can see what I did at [1].

I have two questions at this point:

1. For the Qt experts, is there a better way to accomplish this than
what I've done? Some super awesome qmake trick perhaps?

2. How can we make this easier or more obvious to developers? Is this
something we might be able to automate or failing that add to our
documentation?

3 (of 2). To Ted's point from earlier in the discussion should we
revisit some packaging decisions in the greater Ubuntu ecosystem if
the status quo denies easy access to static libraries?

Cheers,
~Scott

[1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ssweeny/sevilerow/unity-scope-vendor/view/head:/vendor.pro#L40
Lines 40-44 are what I needed to add to the scope template.