Re: Library dependency support in click packages?

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
> On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 17:37 -0400, Scott Sweeny wrote:
>
> One thing click could do is look (at build time) at what external libraries an
> application makes use of and if those libraries aren't included in the system
> image include them in the click package itself, then at runtime ensure that
> those libraries are properly linked into the application.
>
> Is this something we'd like to pursue?
>

> Why wouldn't you just statically link them?  Seems like roughly the same
> for most applications that have a single binary.
>
> Ted

In this specific instance we ended up in a black hole of static linking, I
had about 4-5 libs specified before I found some for which we don't ship
static stuff. Neither Scott nor I could figure out how to make Qt allow us
to statically link some thing and dynamically link others. That would have
also solved this specific issue. Is that possible?