Re: [ubuntu-touch][ubuntu core apps][whatsapp]

Am 29.09.2013 12:48 schrieb "Jodie Robinson" <jodiematthewrobinson@xxxxxxxxx
>:
>
> I seem to remember reading a thread in this list about no app being able
to run in the background, so how would WhatsApp get any messages when
you're doing something else?
> I'm not familiar with any touch code, but I see this as a problem, or am
I missing something?

I think you're right. The Ubuntu music app for example needs a special
whitelist exception so it keeps running if the user switches apps. So
whatsapp for 13.10 would be very limited I guess.

> Also I would expect whatsapp to be ported over sometime anyway.

If Ubuntu touch gains some decent market share, I believe whatsapp will
offer an official app soon. Gaining that market share might take some time
though..

Cheers
Florian