Summary of Landing Task For Call 02.10.2013 (1)

Hey everyone.

So, image 75 was built with all the planned fixes.
Unfortunately, we are still seeing some tests issues due to the hardware decoding switch for mediaplayer. This is on track and planned to be fixed before EOD (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libhybris/+bug/1234007).

So image 76 should be the one we promote thanks to those fixes. To not get everything stalled until then, we are as well opening slightly the gate for safe changes, after some serious testing:
* bug fixes in applications and settings app
* new online music scope for online search in the dash
* music-app powerd lock
* some more bits to get AP running on Mir
* unfortunately, gstreamer 1.2 landed in an uncontrolled manner in that image. It's a bug fix only released, but would have been suitable for image 77. We'll reash on the statement to get more controlled landing.

In parallel, we are already working on running AP tests on Mir, some issues are already detected: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mir/+bug/1233944, but we will have progress in image 76 in the sense that some tests are already running (and are not stalled anymore). We'll get an exhaustive list by end of the day.

All the other more risky landing (like initramfs fixes and changes for system-image, new sdk, application activation behavior changes) are defered to image 77, once we can promote safely 76 (planned by EOD).

Didier