Re: more than one scripts/touch file??

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 10.10.2013, 11:25 +0200 schrieb Marcel Partap:
> > [...] all changes I made to the ramdisk (I olny changed the touch
> > script) were lost. While rebuilding, I noticed the message:
> >
> >     Downloading ubuntu-touch-generic-initrd version 0.56
> >     8395 blocks
> >
> > it seems like when I run brunch, it downloads the standard ramdisk and
> > uses it instead of whatever is at $OUT/ramdisk.img already.
>
> it indeed does..
> > build/core/Makefile:
> > .PHONY: $(INSTALLED_RAMDISK_TARGET)
> > $(INSTALLED_RAMDISK_TARGET): $(MKBOOTFS) | $(MINIGZIP)
> >         $(call pretty,"Target Ubuntu Touch ram disk: $@")
> >         $(hide) rm -rf $(TARGET_OUT_UBUNTU_INITRD) $(TARGET_UBUNTU_ROOT_OUT)
> >         $(hide) mkdir -p $(TARGET_OUT_UBUNTU_INITRD) $(TARGET_UBUNTU_ROOT_OUT)
> >         ======================================================================
> >         $(hide) $(PULL_LP_BIN) $(TARGET_UBUNTU_INITRD_PKG) -o $(TARGET_OUT_UBUNTU_INITRD)
> >         $(hide) dpkg-deb -x $(TARGET_OUT_UBUNTU_INITRD)/$(TARGET_UBUNTU_INITRD_PKG)*.deb $(TARGET_OUT_UBUNTU_INITRD)
> >         ======================================================================
> >         $(hide) $(ACP) $(TARGET_UBUNTU_INITRD) $@
> >         $(hide) cd $(TARGET_UBUNTU_ROOT_OUT) && $(MINIGZIP) -c -d $@ | cpio -id
>
> Could this be changed to check out from
> lp:ubuntu/initramfs-tools-ubuntu-touch in the manifest to make debugging
> the boot process easier?

initramfs-tools-ubuntu-touch is not what you think it is :)

the build process explicitly pulls the binary initrd.img from the build
of this source since you will not have the setup on your PC to actually
reliably roll an ubuntu armhf initrd (this has to happen natively by
using the update-initramfs tool)

instead of applying such gross hacks, please find out the names of your
data and system partitions and file a bug against the
initramfs-tools-ubuntu-touch package with all info attached ...

feel free to assign this to me and i will take care of getting it
merged. mangling the binary during build is not a good idea as permanent
solution (code will change and it will break on your side)

ciao
	oli