Ubuntu for phone is here!

Hey everyone,

Image #100 was the right one! Spinned late yesterday (but with love), the tests results are good and dogfooding helped a lot confirming we really desired that image. We fixed in that image (as described in yesterday's email) the most annoying bugs, even the big mir-related performance one when running the phone for a long time. \o/ So, #100 contains a lot, but just in time fixes! They were all validated systematically and that's what enables us to confidently release that image today.

After avoiding a heart-attack due to unity8 autopilot test results (which were false negatives, only test issues), we computed the pass rate and ran the tests manually giving us the best Ubuntu for phone image we ever had!

Note that we'll still have some memory leaks to tackle, but that, with other fixes, will come in future udpates. Right now, let's celebrate this very golden release image and have fun flashing/experiencing Ubuntu for phone.

We'll be a little quiet until next week on the landing side when settings things up for the future, see you around soon!
Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups