Re: PyOtherSide: Asynchronous Python Bindings for Qt 5

On 21.10.2013 21:31, Michael Hall wrote:
Is there a reason you are trying to use Python from QML instead of it's
native Javascript?

While PyOtherSide may work, it's not a supported language or platform
for the Ubuntu SDK, so we can't guarantee that it will always work or
work properly.  I would encourage you to use Javascript instead of at
all possible.

From what I can see - Python here is supposed to replace not the JS parts of a "standard" approach to a QML app, but the C++ part. And while I do understand some of the reasoning, I must agree that this is rather shoehorning it in. And to make sure that your app is working, you'll have to ship a Python interpreter itself, and all of the modules you want to use, with your application - and that starts to become rather cumbersome.

You should, indeed, reconsider using C++ and/or JS where you thought of using PyOtherSide.

HTH
--
Michał (Saviq) Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Services Ltd.