My top 5 list to have an usable Ubuntu OS on the phone

   1. *A fully working Keyboard
   *I even don't care too much at predictive right now. A keyboard that is
   fast, elegant, usable. No need to repair bugs on this one, it simply does
   not make it like this. It's not a good design for a phone. *

   *
   2. *A screen tapping that is responsive*
   This is the worst usability point I see on this OS. It takes sometimes
   up to two seconds to respond to a simple tap on the screen.

   3. *A clock that works right after install *
   One that gets the right time from the start, at least if you are
   connected to internet. Here in Germany I always get an hour less and I have
   to set it up in system preferences. The Alarm does not work and most people
   I know use the phone as an alarm clock.

   4. *A browser that works*
   This one is quite important too. The current one works, but is way out
   of a normal standard usability. Is not responsive, renders inefficiently,
   maps flicker and most of the links that are javascript based simply don't
   work.

   5. *The whole navigation concept must be rethinked
   *I don't dislike the left menu. But the whole navigation concept is just
   not intuitive enough. It's hard to find the new apps. It's hard to get the
   flip to the left thing to scroll in open Apps. And they are a lot of
   incompetencies that just collapse, like keyboard with menu, flipping the
   phone and getting a totally static keyboard that does not work. It's like
   if the whole thing was not tested by real humans.
   And I know that is fucking hard to make an OS for a phone. And I respect
   all the hard work that has been put into this one.
   But at this point I'm not at all convinced with it. Don't make a phone
   for Linux experts, make a phone for normal people.

I'm not at all an expert on usability and I've just used Android and Ubuntu
before. I use it as my main OS for 6 years now. I design UX front-ends but
I never studied that, I did only graphic design in the Uni. My comments are
only based on my experience,
--
*Martin  Fasani *
*www.fasani.de*