_My_ top N list

Hi!

My plan is to shut off my iPhone as soon as possible and use my Nexus 4 as
my only phone.  I expect this to be pretty rough, but I had fun running
Slackware 3.6 back in the day.

(I'm going to be at Øredev next week, can't use my Verizon iPhone to
Sweden, so this will be the maiden voyage.  Hope to see some of you there.)

Oh, and before I start - YOU PEOPLE ROCK.  I hope this doesn't appear to be
a whine fest, rather a dispassionate attempt to disclose my own road blocks.

NEEDS

1. Twitter (push notifications & sending)
2. Text
3. Voice

BLOCKERS

1. I need to get all my Google contacts onto the phone.  I don't see a way
to do this.
2. Vibration for notification of texts OR clear indication of messages on
the home screen (see below).
3. I frequently lock up the UI of the phone.  Often when swiping to unlock
or see a message.  This seems to cause the UI to restart, or sometimes I
have to reboot the phone.  This clears my messages and I therefore miss
messages.

URGENT (BUT NOT BLOCKER)

1. Mi-fi
2. The ability to fix broken apps (I seem to get them into broken states
rather frequently, and I'd love to be able to find the QML, see where logs
are, know how to report things and fix them).
3. The ability to prevent the phone from sleeping when I ssh to it to poke
around.

EVENTUALLY

1. Starbucks (I'll try my hand at this one)
2. A real Twitter
3. A decent navigation app
4. A timer (I use it for doing laundry)
5. Pandora

HACKS

1. Set up the old mobile support for twitter - Twitter texts me now, so I
have push notifications as texts from 40404

Thanks!
-Jason

Follow ups