Re: Porting Ubuntu on IFC6410 board

On 10/14/2013 02:14 AM, Abhishek Agarwal wrote:
I have IFC6410 development board with Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2. The Android source for this board is available (downloaded from git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git <http://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git>)

http://www.inforcecomputing.com/product/moreinfo/ifc6410.html

SoC: Snapdragon^(TM) S4 Pro APQ8064

I want to port Ubuntu Touch on this board. Can you please let me know how to port the Ubuntu on it?
Make a Cyanogenmod port http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

Then follow the guide https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

There are some gotchas in the Ubuntu touch port but really you should get the CM build running first, if that doesnt work the rest isn't going to matter. I didn't make a true CM build but just did my merge directly into " Building the Android pieces" on the Ubuntu instructions. Make sure to check the CM steps though, the makevendor script is a good place to start.

That worked for me, maybe others have some tips?

Regards,
-Abhishek

--
Neal Peacock