Re: Experimental Ubuntu Touch Emulator

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo
<ricardo.salveti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> hi,
>>>
>>> Yeah, I couldn't get unity8 to start here. When starting, my error was:
>>>
>>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>>> 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::runtime_error>
>>>  >'
>>>    what():  buffer allocation failed
>> iirc there was a Qt patch needed ... looks like that didnt land yet ...
>
> It did, I have it working here :-)
>
> Might be an issue with the system image used, let me try with the latest again.

Turns out that this was an issue with his host GL driver (i386). As we
need GLESv2, we end up using the qemu translator driver (target GLESv2
-> host GL) to render Unity8/Mir, which might not work properly
depending on your host driver.

I'm using the mesa GL driver in my host (Intel GPU), and follows the
complete boot log and logcat of the emulator:
Bootlog: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6448524/
Logcat: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6448565/

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo