Re: Is there a place where ubuntu phone has a list of phone/mobile-data providers and their configurations with ubuntu phone?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:00 PM, David Marceau <uticdmarceau2007@xxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi there everyone,
>
> The ubuntu phone gui is responsive/snappy.  Congrats on that.
>
> I recently obtained a Nexus 4.  Now I wish to use it with Ubuntu Phone
> on Windmobile in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.  After flashing the devel
> channel, I got a blinking 3g light and I saw I was able to dial and make
> another phone ring, but once I answered, there was no voice or volume on
> the receiving phone nor could I hear anything sent to my nexus 4.  There
> was no wifi capability enabled and somewhere I saw something about
> apt-get install ofono, but how do I do that if I have no network
> connection at all no mobile-data/no-wifi?

How did you install? More importantly, which channel did you select when
doing your initial flash?

> I have windmobile 3G with AWS1 and possibly LTE also but it's not
> advertised nor licensed for wind.  In Android it displays it has UMTS:3.
>
> I read somewhere it has to do with ofono.  Are there ofono
> configurations for every phone service provider?

ofono is already on the device and is what is used.

> The bottom line is how do I get the voice, mobile-data and wifi working
> with the nexus 4 in ubuntu phone on
> http://www.windmobile.ca/
> ?

If none of these work, it may be that you installed from the devel-proposed
channel and fell into some unlucky build. Can we discard that first?

If you don't know what I mean, you should of either flashed your device
with:

   - to get tested bleeding edge: phablet-flash --bootstrap --channel devel
   - or latest stable release: phablet-flash --bootstrap

Cheers
Sergio.