Re: Policy: filing bugs against Ubuntu packages instead of upstream projects

On Tue, 2013-11-26 at 15:55 +0100, Michał Sawicz wrote:

> On 26.11.2013 14:54, Ursula Junque wrote:
> > I started a wiki page to document this information [1]. There's an old
> > page [2] that probably should be revisited and merged with this one.
> >
> > While this isn't settled, I'd like to ask people that file bugs to add a
> > tag referring to the image version where the issue was found, e.g. bug
> > found at image 27, tag the bug "r27". Also please tag "regression" in
> > case you found one. This helps us to spot problems that should be fixed
> > before promoting an image to stable.
>
> Is there a tool we could use to transition upstream bugs to distro bugs,
> then? I'm all for having a single bug list - at least until there's
> other consumers of a project than Ubuntu.

I think that points out the core of the issue.  Several of the projects
that Canonical develops, that are used in Ubuntu Touch, are used by
other interfaces/spins/etc.  Really, it would be much better if the
Ubuntu Touch bugs weren't in Ubuntu so we could leave that for issues
with the desktop/laptop images!

Ted