Re: Policy: filing bugs against Ubuntu packages instead of upstream projects

hi,
On Fr, 2013-11-29 at 10:11 +0100, Michał Sawicz wrote:
> On 27.11.2013 19:06, Ursula Junque wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Michał Sawicz
> > <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> >     I just tried to file a bug against Ubuntu (unity8)¹, unfortunately I
> >     can't set the status to 'Triaged', or decide the importance. So,
> >     well... I can't triage Ubuntu (unity8) bugs.
> > According to ogra this can be solved by adding your team to the
> > bugcontrol team. There's a policy in place that allows teams to be added
> > to the bugsquad one, if they're upstreams. Ogra, please enlighten us. :)
>
> Right, I'm just not really comfortable with using a bucket approach,
> where suddenly all of us are bugsquad members. Thought membership in
> that team had some purpose, which it would, more or less, lose this way.

it has exactly the purpose to allow upstream teams to be added to it ;)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl#Requirements_for_Teams

we need to see that we get properly working bug policies before we start
converging, so this is the cycle to solve it ... if there are
adjustments needed for the distro policies (which i dont think we do,
they are designed with openess to upstreams in mind) to make this more
comfortable, now is the time to do them.

> >     AFAICT, we also don't get notified about new Ubuntu (unity8) bugs,
> >     even though I added a subscription for my team².
> > I'm the only person subscribed to the ~touch-packages team and I get ALL
> > EMAILS (it's a lot!). Maybe check the unity8 team email's settings to
> > see if you are set to receive emails or if that's disabled for you
> > (AFAIK being subscribed != receiving emails).
>
> I even successfully sent (and received) a test e-mail via "contact this
> team". Not sure what else I can try, but we're definitely subscribed to
> open/close emails, but we're not getting them :/
sounds like a launchpad bug ...

> > I believe that being added to the bugsquad team will only give you
> > permissions to triage Ubuntu bugs. Not sure if that's a problem for our
> > upstreams, is it?
>
> Sure, that's still an approach I'm not entirely happy with, but hey - if
> whoever manages bugsquad says it's ok to throw everyone in there - not
> my call.

well, see the above url ... it is explicitly wanted as long as you
provide a point of contact in the team and the team members commit to
stay within their package set.

ciao
	oli