Landing call 2.12.12

Hey everyone,

So, here are the news in the landing world those few days.
We got images 40 and 41 built, 42 is a little bit reluctant to have test running in the CI Infra (but that's normal, this image should be special ;)).

We have frist the glib commit revert and can confirm that we have no more network-manager crashes :)
We had a new SDK release, some new indicator-power and apparmor changes.

In term of what needs to be investigated before being in position to promote the next image and ensuring we won't publish any new regressions: - we see quite a lot of HUD crashes, upstream was poked about it. We try to nag them already so that they are going to fix it. - we also have a bunch of qmlscene (so Qtdeclaractive) crashes when running the tests ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtdeclarative-opensource-src/+bug/1243665). Timo and the SDK team are looking at those. - Notes-app is hanging a lot in the tests on mako and maguro. It happens that we have to restart the tests 3-4 times to finally get them working. This can be due to SDK or Qt, but it's better that we investigate right now to ensure that it's not something with a bigger impact. The unstoppable Bill's apps team is on it. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/notes-app/+bug/1256048) - The same team is looking at the keyboard which doesn't show up at all if you are in a non english locale: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-keyboard/+bug/1255999

2 other issues are already in the published image, but it seems the Unity8 team won't have time to look at those before next week: - indicators lost its 24h clock (and don't have AM/PM, which can even more puzzle european people ;)). https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1256061. The unity8 team is assigned to it - There is a random issue in the message display time showing them around the start of the year. The unity8 team is responsible to get a quick fix for it (the MP attached to it isn't sure to be fixing it) https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1253810

The Core apps team, with Nicholas back, will be able to push and continue fixing more autopilot tests failures.

Finally, note that Dave found an issue making you not able to answer the phone call when you are called and the phone is at sleep in some circumstances ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1257000). This one started after in a newer proposed image than latest promoted one and so, it's an image promotion blocker. The Unity 8/Mir team have been poked with those info.

Here is for today, a big list of work to push within your team guys!
Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups