Re: [SDK] Toolkit in PPA broken?

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Tim Peeters <tim.peeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
API changes are listed in the CHANGES file, and announced on this mailing list. There have been changes to the OptionSelector API in r796 but they were reverted to avoid problems in r825, so neither r780 or r873 should be affected. If you tell me the specific problems/error messages that you have with the OptionSelector then I can try to help you fix it.

I'm using a custom OptionSelectorDelegate [1] based on the stock version from early September (judging from my commit date). This works as expected on my 12.04 system stuck on r780; it just doesn't open on an up-to-date 13.10 system (on a VM), a recent emulator instance, or a device (don't know the version, since it isn't mine).

Doing a diff between the versions of OptionSelector.qml, I suspect the problem is that listContainer.isExpanded has changed to listContainer.currentlyExpanded. The OptionSelector has also gained currentlyExpanded and itemHeight properties and an expansionCompleted signal, but I'd be surprised if these were causing problems.

Presumably the fix will be as simple as rebasing my delegate on the updated stock OptionSelectorDelegate. I don't think the user base is large enough that I have to worry about supporting both APIs. This will be easier for me to do if my 12.04 system gets the update, but it wouldn't be impossible if not.

At the risk of sounding insufferable, I'd like to point out that I was worried about these sorts of incompatibilities from when I was first pointed in this direction [2]. I don't know if it's worth reviving that discussion or not.

I think I need to pay a bit more attention to the CHANGES file, since I missed both the changes in r796 and their reversion in r825.

Thanks,
Robert

[1] https://github.com/rschroll/beru/blob/restricted/ui/components/StylableOptionSelectorDelegate.qml
[2] https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-phone/msg04044.html