Landing call 5.12.13

Hey everyone,

So, good news! We finally got the HUD (some tests failures on arm64 made it hard to enter distro), we can confirm on image 49 (tests running) that it's not crashing anymore. One less blocker!. We also have a way better pass rate (95% on mako) thanks to the test fixes coming in from the Core apps team! One the positive news, notes-app is confirmed to not randomly stuck at tests anymore. Well done!

We have system-image 2.0 which should be finally unblocked from -proposed and will get in as well as other unrelated landings (telepathy-ofono and mtp) which are waiting.

However, we still have some blockers for the image promotion:
* qmlscene crash (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtdeclarative-opensource-src/+bug/1243665) + some apps not showing randomly (and reliably for the dialer app when receiving a phone call): https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1257000. Upstart-app-launch fix seems to not be trivial. We still hope for a fix before EOD. * We'll have to make a full Unity8 release landing to get the fix for https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1257493 (another blocker). This release is pending a late merge proposal to get it in a releasable state. The landing team will land it as soon as it's ready.

The other Unity8 issues are still stalled until next week, but they are not blocking the image promotion.

Let's cross fingers for tomorrow.

Cheers,
Didier