ubuntu touch image 12.12.13

hey,

We had 3 images built (60, 61 and 62). Unfortunately, we only have full test results on maguro and mako on the latest image. The test results seem descent. However, dogfooding on maguro seems to have revealed that GSM and sms don't work anymore for Dave. The QA team is looking at that through Dave right now with upstream to try first to reproduce/understand what happens (they don't get it on maguro). That's why we didn't promote it.

They contain:
- ofono changes that maybe impact the GSM failure on maguro as the change that was related and it's crashing (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1260388).
- the revert on the scope to launch click apps
- new friends and some autopilot tests fixes
- system-image v2 which finally got out of -proposed \o/

Let's talk about the going green now, trying to summarizing the diverse exchanges that happened on the mailing list in different threads:

* ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Zoltan):
One flaky test (fail on maguro, not on mako)
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/55:20131209.1:20131203/5355/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/559350/
-> Zoltan confirmed the new failure and he's working with the QA team to get them fixing it. Seems a fix is proposed: https://code.launchpad.net/~kalikiana/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/eventuallyCompareText2/+merge/198750 <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Ekalikiana/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/eventuallyCompareText2/+merge/198750>

* ubuntu-weather-app (Nicholas):
-> released and in image 60. However image 62 is still showing 3 failures on both mako and maguro:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/62:20131212.1:20131211.2/5420/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/62:20131212.1:20131211.2/5423/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/
-> back to Nicholas I guess ;)

* ubuntu-file-manager (Nicholas):
-> Fixed!

* music-app (Nicholas):
One flaky test on mako
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/55:20131209.1:20131203/5356/music-app-autopilot/559105/
-> Fix waiting for dev approval

* calendar-app (Nicholas):
4 flaky tests failing on maguro. Maybe will worth a look to see if something didn't disturb the environment and it's not protected against it.
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/55:20131209.1:20131203/5355/calendar-app-autopilot/
-> Seems Nicholas can't reproduce it, I think it's still under investigation, right?
-> would appreciate knowing progress on that one.

* terminal-app (Nicholas):
Enter and backspace broken in terminal: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791 -> seems that it's not terminal-app related (jdstrand reproduce it with an older version of the terminal app). Nicholas, can you work on figuring out where the issue relies?

* messaging-app (Bill):
One failure test on mako
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/55:20131209.1:20131203/5356/messaging-app-autopilot/558958/
-> So, Martin mentioned, it's not a flaky test, but a flaky behavior and the bug is real. I think the discussion is continuing to figure out where the issue lies?

* notes-app (Bill)
One test failing on both mako and maguro:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/55:20131209.1:20131203/5355/notes-app-autopilot/558827/
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/55:20131209.1:20131203/5356/notes-app-autopilot/558857/
3 flaky tests on mako:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/56:20131210:20131203/5360/notes-app-autopilot/
-> Some fixes went in, but there are still 2 failures while Alan released the app in the click store. Upstream team pinged about them (but we should already be in a better test)

* webbrowser-app (Bill)
Replacing with http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/57:20131210.1:20131203/5375/webbrowser-app-autopilot/ (as previous link was invalidated it seems) -> The apps team thinks the issue is due to something else that webbrowser app. I saw Thomi was pinged on it as it's linked to the apps not being launched/not being recognized as being launch, Thomi, can you shed some light on this (even maybe adding more debugs I guess)?

* unity8 (Kevin)
5 flaky tests on maguro:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/55:20131209.1:20131203/5355/unity8-autopilot/558729/ (1 fail on run 55) http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/56:20131210:20131203/5363/unity8-autopilot/ (4 other failures on run 56) -> Kevin told that all those issues are due to screen locking. A fix in the test to ensure the screen is unlocked is now merged in trunk: https://code.launchpad.net/~saviq/unity8/helper-retry-unlock/+merge/198648 <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Esaviq/unity8/helper-retry-unlock/+merge/198648>. The developers still can't reproduce it locally, but worse case, we'll have more debug infos on why it failed.

In addition, remember that Unity 8 has a backlog of pending fixes that were waiting for this week. I count them as well as blockers for releasing unity8. Meaning: - messages in Incoming not always display the correct date and content (https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1253810). A branch is under review. - Abort when blancking/unblanking blank screen: old crasher that is now really easy to reproduce (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1258655) -> They are all under work, and some tests will be disabled on maguro as the issue will never be fixed on that hardware.

* qtubuntu (Zoltan)
- clocked switched to 24h format (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtubuntu/+bug/1256061) -> seems that was unassigned and set back to the qtubuntu pool.
-> No news on that one.

Cheers,