Re: Landing team 10.12.13

Hello Thomi,

Right, it might sound a bit scary indeed. The main thing that Didier
wanted to say is that we want all the tests to be reliable. We no longer
do re-runs in case of tests that are failing (due to flakiness) and are
no longer allowed to release a component that has an unreliable test.
Tests that are flaky only add to the overall confusion.

Of course, as you say, the best way is to fix the test properly!
Sometimes though, as we experienced, it's either not that easy to do or
there are simply no resources available in a team. Integration test
reliability needs to be also relatively high-priority whenever an issue
related pops up - but with many other, seemingly more important tasks
queued, sometimes flaky tests stay around for too long. And since we
won't release a component with such anomalies, sometimes temporary
skipping the test is the only way to release a component. Since what use
is a test that cannot give proper results!

I guess those words were to enforce this high-priority to fixing
integration flakiness.

Good to hear about the TnT team - I guess we'll be poking you guys about
some of the problems we'll be encountering.

Thanks.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak