Re: Help needed with autopilot tests for ubuntu-system-settings

Hiya,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 05:15:02PM +0200, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> On 12/19/2013 12:31 PM, Iain Lane wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There's something up with the autopilot tests for
> > ubuntu-system-settings.
> >
> > There's a set of fairly basic tests which check for the presence
> > of various objects on the main screen. Those work. But any tests
> > which involve clicking on any component?for example to go into a
> > screen or to type in the search box?don't work.
> >
> > All of the tests pass on desktop.
>
> Could it be that the self.input_device_class variable is not setup
> properly?
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~online-accounts/ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts/trunk/view/head:/tests/autopilot/online_accounts_ui/tests/test_online_accounts_ui.py#L242

Cheers both; I've added yours and Omer's suggestions in
lp:~laney/ubuntu-system-settings/ap-fixes and it's indeed a bit better.

There's a bug due to the use of dbusmock that I need to fix, but one I'm
interested in others looking at is the 'storage' testcases all failing.
I suspect it's because of the listitems not being on the screen when the
test tries to click them so we need to scroll to them. I've tried
copying the toolbar hiding code from gallery-app and the scrolling code
from u-s-s-oa, but didn't get either to work (the former because I
couldn't figure out the correct incantation to use MainView instead of
selecting a QQuickView like we do now and the latter eventually got to
an error along the lines of "Standard has no member 'center'".

Advice or (even better) bzr branches appreciated. :-)

Happy holidays,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@xxxxxxxxxx ]