Re: Click to deb conversion?

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Dimitri John Ledkov <xnox@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Whilst the implementation detail is correct that both are tar archives
inside of an ar. Policy wise it's not possible to simply convert a
.click into .deb and expect it to be properly functional - it will not
install correctly, executables will not be available on the path,
.desktop file will not get indexed, one will not be able to find that
app from the dash, etc...

Good to know. I was hoping you could just add a debian directory to the click package and have everything work, but that's not the case.