Re: U1dB Documentation and Advice

Hi Jamie,

> It is my understanding that U1db is the recommended technology for
> developers
> for things like settings in QML apps (aiui, QML/C++ developers might choose
> QSettings instead).

Actually when it comes to storing application settings/preferences for QML
apps, the SDK developers are in the process of implementing a settings API.
You can learn more about this by talking to Christian and looking at the
merge proposal [1] and blueprint [2]. Hopefully this should land soon
enough making the life of 3rd party devs much simpler.

[1]:
https://code.launchpad.net/~kalikiana/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/appsettings/+merge/181304
[2]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/sdk-app-settings

> As I will be implementing this in my own app soon, I very much appreciate
> these
> efforts to clarify U1db usage. :)

You are welcome :)

Cheers,