Re: Clock App Alarms Review and Current Status

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 21:08 +0100, Nekhelesh Ramananthan wrote:
> The different pieces of the Alarms implementation are,
>      1. EDS Backend - Complete (Renato Filho)
>      2. Alarms API to interact with the backend - Complete (Zsombor
>         Egri)
>      3. Alarms Page in the Ubuntu Clock Page to add, edit, list and
>         delete alarms - Complete (v0.1) (Nekhelesh Ramananthan)
>      4. Register alarm:/// schema for url dispatcher - Complete (Ted
>         Gould)
>      5. A background service which monitors and triggers the snap
>         notifications when an alarm is triggered (Charles Kerr)
>      6. Snap Notification Design (?)
>      7. Wake/Unlock Device when alarm notification appears similar to
>         the behaviour exhibited when receiving a call (?)
>
> At the end of the 13.10 cycle, the first 4 items listed above were
> completed.

5 was also completed for 13.10.

https://code.launchpad.net/~charlesk/indicator-datetime/lp-1233176/+merge/190009

It seems that the Alarms API and the datetime user service are
unfortunately not connecting.  Work on that is scheduled on the
indicator blueprint for this month.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1311-indicators

This doesn't include any type of alarms redesign or designs for snooze
and other features.  It seems that, considering designs have not landed
and we're just a few weeks away from feature freeze, those are not 14.04
features.

Ted