Landing team 13.01.14

Hey everyone.

We started this new week analyzing what happened since Friday evening. We noticed a regression in the Unity 8 tests which happened on the 4 images produced. This was due to python-gi. Martin found the guilty commit and reverted it. We are just reckiking an image and hope for better test results. Another proof that it's getting easier to track regressions as we can produce multiple images a day.

Due to that, we didn't promote an image yet.

On what entered into the image:
* notes app AP test fixes. We still need the click side to be promoted though (should be soon)
* new usensord daemon to give access to application the device sensors
* a first go version of phablet-flash (I'll let Sergio make an official announce on it I guess ;))
* new qtlocation and qtsensors
* you will notice that autopilot python 3 support was seeded in the image by default.

We hope that next image test results will be better, meanwhile, let's look at the progress on the going green:

Note that despite Alexander's announce on maguro, I'll keep listing the maguro issues until we have the emulator wired up on the system. This enables us to look on a "slower device", the test results

notes_app (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/112:20140105:20131223.2/5882/notes-app-autopilot/638428/ -> This one seems to need some more information to understand what happens (the toolbar is not closing). The CI team is asked if they can help providing some video for it.

http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/notes-app-autopilot/
-> Click packages should be available in next images

weather-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/109:20140103.1:20131223.2/5859/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/
-> Networking failure. Seems it will need a mock to not rely on network.

ubuntu-ui-toolkit (zoltan):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-autopilot/ -> The team has reproduced this and determined that the osk is not always being hidden when an app is quit or terminates unexpectedly. -> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-mir/+bug/1267550, should Kevin get the ownership on this then? Greyback is working on it.

clock-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/ -> From Nicholas: "Still looking to reproduce -- the emulator won't run clock atm, investigating. Xnox, I see you seem to have results (passing), but I've only gotten crashes."

calendar-app (Nicholas):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/maguro/114:20140106:20131223.2/5905/calendar-app-autopilot/
-> Reproduced in the emulator and fix is in the work!

dialer_app crash (Bill):
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/114:20140106:20131223.2/5903/dialer-app-autopilot/ -> The team is looking into it (doesn't seem to happen on the emulator though)

terminal app (Nicholas):
We had this regression last month, it's on the list as well for blocking new terminal app release (keyboard not working with it): https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1257791 -> The issue was investigated and found that konsole qml plugin is what needs work. The plugin author is having a look would be useful to fixing this, so waiting for his response before continuing.

Cheers,
Didier

Follow ups