Re: Landing team 16.01.14

Le 20/01/2014 09:09, Olivier Tilloy a écrit :

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ogra@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    hi,
    Am Samstag, den 18.01.2014, 11:57 +0100 schrieb Oliver Grawert:
    > Am Freitag, den 17.01.2014, 18:34 +0100 schrieb Didier Roche:
    >
    > > Meanwhile, we released noticeable changes  in the incoming
    image #134:
    > > * nested Mir session mode
    > > * fix for DTMF tones which were not correcly being sent (that
    was an
    > > issue with automatic phone answer recognizing number sounds)
    > > * enhancements in messaging-app: when text messages are sent a
    spinner
    > > is shown while sending then a timestamp in the message after
    success
    > > * mediaplayer-app gains some initial desktop mode support
    > > * update to the latest mediascanner scope API
    > > * new system-settings, using the new release process
    > > * set target on indicator-messages
    > > * a lot of build failure fixes since last trusty rebuild
    >
    > there seems to also have been dbus and apparmor updates that
    seemingly
    > break the world wrt tests now ... all failed tests seem to have
    a new
    > logfile (upstart-dbus-system-bridge.log) with:
    >
    > "upstart-dbus-bridge: Unable to write pid file: No such file or
    > directory"
    >
    > in them ...

    additionally it seems that none of the webapps that use the
    webbrowser-app call in their .desktop file can not start, i only get a
    white screen (amazon, ebay, various apps from the store)

Ooops... webbrowser-app was split into two executables: one is the actual browser application, and the other one is the webapps container. For backward compatibility, the browser application re-executes the webapp container in place if it detects an intent to launch a webapp. This works nicely if the webapp container is present, but it appears we forgot to add it to the seed. Installing webapp-container solves the problem. I've filed bug #1270737 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1270737> to track the issue.

Shouldn't rather the browser app recommending the container (and we can put an oxide | webapp-container) once the later is present ?

Didier