Re: How to find current framework version (for the click scope, not an app)

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 01:38:57PM -0600, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 12:42 PM, Mike McCracken wrote:
> > The click scope currently has a hard-coded string "framework:ubuntu-sdk-13.10"
> > which it uses to query the click store for apps to display.
> >
> > It seems like we should be getting that from somewhere else.
> > Is there an authoritative place to get the name of the currently installed
> > framework?
> >

> This is a great question. The available frameworks are in the
> /usr/share/click/frameworks directory, but it seems that you should use the
> click API or call out to (the nonexistent) 'click frameworks' (or similar)
> command. CC'ing Colin for input.

Please file a bug on the Ubuntu click package about this so that I don't
forget.  I think it would be best to add an API for this as part of the
libclick work.  In the meantime the following Python code or equivalent
should be safe (although please include a reference to any packages
where you've open-coded this in your bug report on click):

  def installed_frameworks():
      ext = ".framework"
      for name in os.listdir("/usr/share/click/frameworks"):
          if name.endswith(ext):
              yield name[:-len(ext)]

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]